How to find out with Google Maps where you parked your car
There are those who have a stupendous memory for these things. But there are also those who are in a disaster or just never remember where they parked their car, which, whether it is a large mall parking lot or a particularly hidden street, can be a problem. The easiest way would be to resort to some sort of little portable GPS that might solve the problem, but why if we have Google Maps?
Find your parked car using Google Maps
One of the most useful features of Google Maps is that you allows you to configure a route by adding the possibility of finding a parking lot or garage, so you don’t have to look for it when you arrive. But also, Google Maps has another feature that helps you remember precisely where you left the parked vehicle. And it’s that simple:
- Open the app Google maps
- Up, search for a destination.
- At the bottom right, tap How to have.
- At the bottom, tap Steps and more.
- To touch Find parking near the destination.
- Choose a car park or garage and press Add parking.
- At the bottom right, tap Start.
Find and save parking in Google Maps
Now that you’ve chosen a spot and successfully parked, tap use google maps so it stores the location and you know exactly where you stopped Car when you go out for him. Maps allows you to place a marker in the app interface, the same one you will use later via GPS positioning to find the car:
- Open the Google Maps app on your Android phone or tablet when you park the car – if you haven’t already opened it.
- To touch the blue dot that indicates your position.
- You will see how a menu opens with a blue background and various options. To touch Save parking.
Best of all, if you are not sure whether marking the site with a blue dot is sufficient, Maps gives you the option to add notes and photos to remember the floor, place or street where you parked. Even the time that the parking lasts in the case of paid parking. For that:
- Open the Google Maps app
- Tap the search bar Parking space.
- To add a photo or note, tap More information.
Once you are done and want to go to the car, to find where it is, just open Maps and hit the search bar. In the options that appear, click Parking space. And when you display its interface, at the bottom right of the screen, touch the icon How to have (the arrow pointing to the right).
Disclaimer: This article is generated from the feed and is not edited by our team.