2 Ways to Delete or Edit a Place on Google Maps
We use Google Maps in our daily life because it helps us to reach our destination while informing us of any roadblocks or other obstacles in between. But it becomes a dilemma when the location you are looking for is incorrect or in the opposite direction. However, the good part is that if you know your nearby places or the places you visit often, you can make changes to Google Maps to help everyone find and reach their destination quickly. In order, Google gives you local guide rewards and even giveaways for featured contributors. Here’s how you can make changes to Google Maps.
Also, Read | 3 Ways to Change Navigation Voice in Google Maps
Steps to delete or edit a location on Google Maps
You can delete or edit a location on Google Maps from your phone by following these simple steps.
1. Launch Google Maps on your phone.
2. Find the location on Google Maps and from search results. Tap the place you want to remove or edit.
3. Click on three dots at the top right. Press on Suggest an edit.
4. In the next window, choose whether you want to remove the location or suggest changing the name or other details.
5. If you choose to close or delete the place, you must specify the reason.
6. If the reason for deletion is duplication, you must mention the correct place to submit your change.
7. After you submit your edit, you’ll receive local guide points to help you reach the next level.
8. Once Google has verified and publicly updated Google Maps, you will receive an acknowledgment email to your registered email address.
To note: You can also check the status of your edits by visiting your Google Maps profile in the contributions section.
Also, Read | 7 Best Google Maps Tips and Tricks to Use on Your Phone
Delete or edit Google Maps on computer or the web
You can also delete or make changes to any location on Google Maps through your computer or the web. All you have to do is follow the same steps mentioned above by visiting the Google Maps website. Just be sure to enable location services on your computer for better accuracy and to speed up the review process.
So here’s how you can delete or make changes to a location on Google Maps. You can also add videos to Google Maps for any location to get more local guide points. Be sure to enable location services on your phone or computer, as this helps Google review suggested changes and speeds up the review process. Stay tuned for more tech tips and tricks.
Also, Read | How to Share Location Using Google Maps Plus Codes on Android and iOS
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos, subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.