Data Manager at PG Group (Shared Services)
Job Title Internal to PG Group: Master Data Governance Manager.
PG is the name for glass in Southern Africa. Founded in Cape Town in 1897, the Group produces, distributes and installs solutions for automotive, building glass, aluminum and glass films. The PG Group is a significant global player and our operations comply with the highest international safety, quality and environmental standards. PG Group is invested in the following divisions: PG Glass, PG Glass Africa, Shatterprufe, LLumar, Widney, PFG Building Glass, PG Building Glass, PG Primador and PG Aluminium.
Main objective of the position:
The Master Data Governance Officer is responsible for defining, implementing and managing all aspects of the group’s master data governance strategy and ensuring compliance with the governance framework, risks and group compliance.
- Responsible for the effective operation of the Master Data Governance Office, including operating model, mechanisms, Board structures and metrics.
- Responsible for effective communication of all master data management initiatives.
- Interpret corporate strategy by defining policies and procedures that govern master data lifecycle and master data management to ensure data quality and usability.
- Responsible for defining and monitoring how master data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed by different data entities and IT systems as well as all applications using or processing the data such as SAP and Winshuttle.
- Monitor compliance and ensure adherence to master data policies and procedures to ensure alignment between different divisions and eliminate risk.
- Define and oversee the approval and segregation of duties workflow in accordance with the PG Group Risk and Compliance Management Framework.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure successful delivery of projects and service level agreements.
- Identify, recommend, implement and manage master data management projects.
- Guide and manage the team in their troubleshooting role and provide feedback to businesses and trainers to support businesses in all master data elements and adherence to group governance, risk and compliance structures.
- Ensure staff are effectively managed and held accountable through performance and disciplinary procedures, and that staff are developed and mentored through talent management and IDP processes.
Critical job requirements:
- SAP certificate.
- Relevant computer science or business degree.
- Strong computer skills, especially in SAP and preferably also in CRM.
- Master data governance tools.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Business acumen.
- At least 10 years of experience in business analysis, mapping, optimization and project on SAP master data / project implementations.
- 5 years Manufacturing and tertiary industry.
- Master data governance
- Business analysis
- Mapping optimization
- SAP master data
- Project implementations
- Manufacturing and service industry
Desired level of qualification:
About the employer:
The PG Group and its subsidiaries are committed to the principles of employment equity and, as such, are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates who apply for vacant positions will be given special consideration based on fairness and equity. Factors such as race, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability are not taken into exclusive consideration and are not decisive for appointments made by PG Group or its subsidiaries.
Find out more/Apply to this position