Snr Java Developer (JHB) at Datafin Recruitment
The coding expertise of a Snr Java Developer is sought by a global health insurer to design, develop and implement Java applications to meet business needs. Following approved lifecycle methodologies, you will create design documents, write code, and perform unit and functional testing of software. You will also contribute to the overall architecture and standards of the group, as an SME and by playing a software governance role. You must have Matric/Grade 12, have 6 years of experience in a similar role, a solid understanding of object-oriented programming and your technology tools must include: Spring, Hibernate, JUnit, SOA, Microservices, Docker, UML, SQL, JSON, SOAP/REST, Kafka, Zookeeper, Zuul, Eureka, Obsidian, etc.
- Work closely with business analysts to analyze and understand business requirements and business case, to produce simple, cost effective and innovative solution designs.
- Implement solutions designed in the required development language (usually Java) in accordance with Group standards, processes, tools and frameworks.
- Thoroughly test the quality of produced software by participating in code reviews, using static code analysis tools, creating and executing unit tests, functional regression tests, load tests, and stress tests and evaluating the results of performance metrics collected on the software.
- Participate in feasibility studies, proof of concepts, JAD sessions, estimation and costing sessions, evaluate and review programming methods, tools and standards, etc.
- Maintain the system in production and provide support in the form of query resolution and defect fixes.
- Prepare necessary technical documentation including payload definitions, class diagrams, activity diagrams, ERDs, operational and support documentation, etc.
- Drive team member skills development, coach team members for performance and coach career development, recruitment, staff training, performance management, etc.
- Matric / Grade 12.
- 6 years of experience developing Java applications.
- Extensive experience working with Java.
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of object-oriented programming.
- Must have a high level understanding of common Java technology stack frameworks.
- Thorough knowledge of design patterns and ability to recognize and apply them.
- Data modeling.
- SoapUI (SOAP) / REST client (JSON).
- Architectural Styles.
- Zoo keeper.
- Elastic search.
- Fluent D.
- In-depth working knowledge of Java language features.
- High standards for delivery.
- Solution architecture.
- Structured and analytical problem solver.
- Process mapping.
- Design of software test packs, functional tests.
- Clean code thinking.
- Coaching and mentoring junior teammates.
- Understanding of JIRA and Agile principles.
- Overtime may be required from time to time.
- Standby is required on one rotation cycle.
- Diploma/Diploma in Computer Science.
- Stress management.
- Time management and prioritization.
- Orientation towards learning.
- Negotiation techniques.
- Bias for action.
- Teamwork and cooperation.
Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position